FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
General Rules For All Riders
- Helmets are required on all rides.
- No headphones allowed.
- Please be courteous to drivers and do not block the roadways.
- Stop at all signs.
- Ride SINGLE FILE on busy roads.
- Obey the rules of the road.
- You should carry a spare tube, patch kit, tire pump, and identification.
- How long is the route?
The Sea-2-Key Double Century is 200 miles
- Is the route marked?
Yes, the course will be marked.
- Are printed route maps provided the morning of the event?
Yes, printed route maps will be provided the morning of the event. You can also download and print the route map from the Ride with GPS pages
- Are online route maps available?
Yes, you can click the link below for the route map and cue sheets.
- Is there a minimum age to participate?
No. but participants under age 18 will need to have a parent registered and ride by their side throughout the ride.
- Is there is a minimum or maximum speed for the event?
You may ride as fast as you want, but you must average at least 18 mph to reach the rest stops before they are closed.
- The roads will be closed to traffic?
No roads will be closed for traffic. However, riders have to obey traffic laws and ride on the right hand side of the road at all times. Riders have to follow the instructions of police officers, course marshals, and volunteers.
- How many AID Stations will be on the course?
There will be AID stations along the courses stocked with food and water. More details will be released on the specific number of AID stations on each route.
- There will be toilets on the course?
Restrooms are available at convenience stores located on the course.
- There will be assistance during the course?
We highly encourage all participants to know basic safety and repair skills, including fixing a flat tire. Be prepared and bring your own pump or CO2 and extra tubes for your bike.
There will be official support vehicles on course, with over 200 miles of total road to cover, it may take some time for support to get to you. If you see another rider in need of assistance, please help each other out!
- What is included with the entry fee?
Awsome event shirts, aid stations with water, electrolyte and hydration mix and other nutrition and hydration items, on-course mobile SAG support, post-event food and more!
- What is the refund policy?
There are no refunds or transfers. If you have a medical or family emergency that does not allow you to travel to the event, please contact us. We are here to help and we will try to come up with a solution.
- Where do I pick up my registration package?
There will be two packet pickup options:
- Early Packet Pickup - Friday 09 October 2020 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Location: Riptides Raw Bar and Grill
- Regular Packet Pickup - Saturday 31 October 2020 from 4:00 am to 5:45 am.
- Location: Start Venue
- Can someone else pickup my registration package?
Yes, with proper notice from the registrant.
- Can I pick up my registration package on the morning the event?
Yes, packet pickup will be open from 4:00 am to 4:45 am.
- What if it's raining?
This is a rain or shine event.
- What kind of bike can I ride for the event?
We suggest using a road bike as it is the best option to ride in groups. A triathlon bike is fine as long as you keep your hands on the brake lever while riding in a group and not on your aero bars.
- What should I wear?
Helmets with buckled chin straps must be worn at all times.
- What can't I wear?
Headphones of any kind are not allowed.